Malaysian Timber Council respects the privacy of individuals with regard to personal data. This Privacy Notice formulated in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("Act"). For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, "Personal Data" shall have the meaning as ascribed to it in the Act, "we" shall refer to Malaysian Timber Council and "you" shall refer to yourself and such other persons or companies represented by you of which you are providing the Personal Data.
- The Personal Data about you which we may collect via print and digital channels (including but not limited to Website, Social Media and Mobile Apps) includes:
- information collected when you register or update an online profile or when you fill in or update your information with us, which may include personal data such as your photograph, name, and contact details;
- the contents of all printed and electronic forms or documents submitted to us via printed collateral or forms, the Company's Website and any digital and mobile platforms (eg. Email, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Whatsapp, Viber and any social media and apps), including identity documents and proof of address;
- information input or submitted to online facilities such as search tools and calculators;
- personalisation preferences you select as you use the Company's Website, digital and mobile platforms;
- information submitted if you participate in survey or competition whether via online or otherwise;
- any messages or comments you submit to us via the Company's Website or in whatever manner, which may include personal data such as name, email address and telephone number;
- information obtained independently by the Company from other lawful sources; and
- the contents of all forms and/or documents submitted and/or collected by the Company.
Purpose of Collection of Personal Data
- By providing any of your Personal Data to the Company whether via online or otherwise, you hereby agree that the Company shall collect, retain and use the Personal Data for the following purposes:
- providing you with services or benefits under any of the Company's business or policies; and/or
- processing your application under any of the Company's programme; and/or
- where relevant, marketing of goods and services and sending any updates, new products, special offers, advertising, promotional material and/or commercial material to you (including emails, short message services or other means) and/or to be used in, to provide and/or improve the services of the Company, processing invoices and payments (including card payments) and providing other services to enhance and support the relationship of the Company and you and/or such other persons or companies represented by you; and/or
- conducting research on planning, product, goods, services, security and testing; and/or
- carrying out matching procedure in accordance with the law; and/or
- performing statistical analysis for various objectives in the Company and providing this information within the Company; and/or
- purposes connected with the operation, administration, development, record-keeping or enhancement of the Company's business including for the purpose of which is relevant to support and/or assist in any of the Company's businesses or the Company's Website; and/or
- purposes connected with the administration, management and/or enforcement of the commercial transaction and for contact and communication with you and/or such other persons or companies as represented by you; and/or
- where required by law, where the Company consider that such use or disclosure is necessary to respond to any claims or legal process, or where the Company suspects that fraud or unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in; and/or
- where a third party acquires or wishes to acquire, or makes inquiries in relation to acquiring, an interest in any company within the Company; and/or
- where a third party requires in order for such third party to perform functions or services as required by the Company; and/or
- enabling the Company or where a third party requires in order for such third party to perform functions or obligations as required under the laws, rules, regulations, by laws and/or guidelines (whether or not having the force of law) or as required by any governmental and/or non-governmental authorities, agencies or departments or a third party requires in order to ensure compliance with agreement(s) or document(s); and/or
- where a third party requires in order for purposes of preparation and submission of any claims or payments to any party or for any audit/checks by any party for whatever purpose related to the Company's business; and/or
- purposes connected with the enforcement of the Company's rights pursuant to any letter, agreement and/or document including seeking legal and financial advice, taking any preliminary steps or commencing any legal action; and/or
- making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or by law; and/or
- We may either contact you for the purpose as set out in (B) above via telephone calls, emails, short message services, social media or by whatsoever form of available communication.
Use and Disclosure
- The Company uses and discloses aggregated non-personally identifying information collected by us as part of the Company's process of constantly improving the Company's Website, our business and/or the Company's business.
Impact of Non Provision of Personal Data
- Please note that in the event that sufficient Personal Data is not supplied, or is not satisfactory to the Company, then your application or request to the Company for any of the above purposes as set out above may not be accepted or acted upon or your request to browse some information on the Company's Website may be denied or the Company will not be able to provide the full range of benefits and/or services and/or perform its obligations under any potential or existing contract with you.
Storage and Retention of the Personal Data
- Your Personal Data shall be stored either in hard copies in the Company's offices or stored in servers located in Malaysia and operated by the Company
- Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by the Company as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes stated above or is required to satisfy any legal, regulatory and/or accounting requirements or to protect the Company's interests.
- The Company does not offer any online facilities for you to delete your Personal Data held by the Company.
How We Handle Email and "Contact Us" Messages
- The Company may preserve the content of any email or "Contact us" or other electronic message that the Company receives.
- Any personal data contained in those messages will only be used or disclosed in ways set out in this Privacy Notice.
- The message content may be monitored by the Company's service providers or employees for purposes including compliance, auditing and maintenance or where email abuse is suspected.
Communication or Utilization Data
- Through your use of telecommunications services to access the Company's Website, your communications data (e.g. Internet protocol address) or utilization data (e.g. information on the beginning, end and extent of each access, and information on the telecommunications services you accessed) are technically generated and could conceivably relate to Personal Data.
- To the extent that there is a compelling necessity, the collection, processing and use of your communications or utilization data will occur and will be performed in accordance with the Act.
Non-Personal Data Collected Automatically
- When you access the Company's Website, the Company may automatically (i.e., not by registration) collect non-personal data (e.g. type of Internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the website from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed).
- The Company may use this data to monitor the attractiveness of the Company's Website and to improve their performance or content.
- When you view the Company's Website, the Company may store some data on your computer in the form of a "cookie" to automatically recognize your personal computer next time you visit.
- Cookies can help the Company in many ways, for example, by allowing the Company to tailor a website to better match your interests or to store your password to save you having to re-enter it each time.
- If you do not wish to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser to erase all cookies from your computer's hard drive, block all cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
- Personal Data held by the Company will be kept confidential in accordance with this Privacy Notice pursuant to any applicable law that may from time to time be in force.
- Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than Personal Data submitted to us in whatever manner (including those sent or posted in the Company's Website) will be deemed voluntarily provided to the Company on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis.
- The Company reserves the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely as set out in (C) above.
Safety of Personal Data
- The Company uses a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Data.
- For the internet, unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while the Company strives to protect such Personal Data, the Company cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Data transmitted to the Company and you do so at your own risk. Once any Personal Data comes into the Company's possession, the Company will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- A username and password may be essential for you to use some sections of the Company's Website. For your own protection, the Company's requires you to keep these confidential and to change your password regularly (if required).
- The Company's Website may contain links to other sites and pages. By activating a link, such as for example by clicking on the banner of an advertiser, you leave the Company's Website and the Company does not exercise control over any Personal Data or any other information you give to any other entity after you have left the Company's Website.
Right of Access to Personal Data
- Under the Act, you have the right of access to your Personal Data held by the Company on payment of a prescribed fee and you may request that the Company correct any of your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, subject to any applicable legal restrictions and contractual conditions.
- If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice or if you wish to request access to your Personal Data or if you wish to correct your Personal Data or if you wish to withdraw your consent to the Company for the processing of your Personal Data for the purposes as set out in (B) above or for the transfer of your Personal Data to the parties stated in (C) above, you may send your request in writing at the following address: Malaysian Timber Council
||18th Floor, Menara PGRM, No 8. Jalan Pudu Ulu, Cheras, 56100 Kuala Lumpur
|Person in charge
||Director of Communications
||+603 9281 1999
- Please note that notwithstanding the withdrawal of your consent, the Company may still proceed to process your Personal Data in circumstances recognized and permitted by law and as required under the contractual conditions.
- The Company reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
Personal Data Given by You
- You hereby confirm that you have obtained the consent from the persons or companies represented by you for you to provide their respective Personal Data to us for the purposes as set out in (B) above and disclosed to parties stated in (C) above.
Changes to Privacy Notice
- The Company reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time without prior notice. The Company advises that you check this Privacy Notice on our Company's website on a regular basis.